If it's your first time to visit this lively city and travelling alone, I'd suggest you join a guided tour because the place might overwhelm you. There are many tours offered around the net, that popular tour by Carlos Celdran or go pick one of your liking.
But if you're the adventurous type, the one willing to go out of their comfort zone to explore and experience a place, here are the many ways you can enjoy Manila and feel its real vibe.
1. Wear Comfort and Act like a Local
2. Take the Local Transportation
3. Sample the Local Flavors
4. Hunt for Bargains
5. Visit The Oldest Chinatown in the World
6. Bike your Way around Manila's Heritage Attractions
7. Time your Trip during the Annual Aliwan FiestaAliwan Fiesta is held annually on one weekend of April. Here, you'll witness colorful parades from representatives of most provinces in the Philippines, exhibiting their products and their cultural dances. You'll get a glimpse of every Festivals held in some parts of the country through Aliwan Fiesta.
8. Visit Mall of Asia, the 10th Largest Mall in the World
9. Send A Postcard from Manila's Central Post Office
10. Capture Manila's Nightscape
|This was only taken using my HTC phone from a room in Manila Hotel|