The City of Manila although eclipsed by its more progressive neighbors like Makati and Quezon City in terms of infrastructure and business development, remains the most interesting city when we speak of history and cultural heritage. It's never boring with all the sights and attractions the place has to offer. How to spend a weekend of adventure while in Manila? Here's my Top 10.
If it's your first time to visit this lively city and are travelling alone, I'd suggest you join a guided tour because the place might overwhelm you. There are many tours offered around the net, go pick one of your liking.
But if you're the adventurous type, the one willing to go out of their comfort zone to explore and experience a place, here are the many ways you can enjoy Manila and feel its real vibe.
1. Wear Comfort and Act like a Local
2. Take the Local Transportation
3. Sample the Local Flavors
4. Hunt for Bargains
5. Visit The Oldest Chinatown in the World
6. Bike your Way around Manila's Heritage Attractions
7. Time your Trip during the Annual Aliwan FiestaAliwan Fiesta is held annually on one weekend of April. Here, you'll witness colorful parades from representatives of most provinces in the Philippines, exhibiting their products and their cultural dances. You'll get a glimpse of every Festivals held in some parts of the country through Aliwan Fiesta.
8. Visit Mall of Asia, the 10th Largest Mall in the World
9. Send A Postcard from Manila's Central Post Office
10. Capture Manila's Nightscape
|This was only taken using my HTC phone from a room in Manila Hotel|