Applying at the LTO satellite offices in malls offer more convenience and less waiting time. It only took me less than an hour to go through the whole process of renewal.
Here are the Steps for Driver's License Renewal, just make sure you bring your old driver's license with you together with the receipt and take note of your TIN (Tax Identification No.).
STEP 1 - Medical Test
- First step is to proceed to the Medical Office, just right beside the LTO center to have your drug test and other medical examinations.
- You will be asked to fill out a form and take your weight and height at Counter 1
- At Counter 2, your photo and biometrics will be taken.
- At Counter 3, you will have to pay the cashier 400 pesos for the Urine Test
- At Counter 4, you will have to submit the forms and receipts and you will be asked to proceed to the comfort room to fill the plastic bottle with your urine up to the neck part. Afterwards an eye and hearing exam will be conducted and another 50 pesos will be paid.
- At Counter 5, you will submit the urine sample as well as the eye and hearing exam results.
- You'll wait for a few minutes and the results will be released at Counter 6
STEP 2 - LTO
- Show the results of your Medical Tests/Certificate at Counter 1 afterwards you will be handed an application form to be filled up. Hand all the papers back to them when done including your expired driver's license.
- At Counter 2, your photo and your electronic signature will be taken.
- Counter 3 is the Cashier, so ready the amount to be paid. I was charged 568 pesos (including the penalty fee)
- After +/- 10 minutes (depends on the volume of applicants) your Driver's License ID will be released at Counter 4.
Total Fees PaidI paid a total of 1,018 pesos for the renewal of my driver's license. Breakdown of fees are as follows.
Medical Tests = Urine Test + Other tests = 400 + 50 = 450 pesos
LTO Fees = Renewal Fee + Computer Fees + Penalty Fees * (if any) = 350 + 67.53 +150 = 568 pesos
*Penalty Fees (If Driver’s License Is Expired)
1 Day to 1 Year: 75.00
1 Year & 1 Day to 2 Years: 150.00
More Than 2 Years: 225.00
Check below the nearest mall branch where you can have your driver's license renewed for more convenience and you'll save on fees if you renew your driver's license on time :).
UPDATED : Aug 10, 2013
"Simula ngayon araw na ito, hindi na po kukuha ng drug test certificate ang lahat po ng mga mag-a-apply at magre-renew ng bagong lisensya sa lahat ng tanggapan ng LTO,” paliwanag ni LTO chief Virginia Torres sa panayam sa “News To Go” ng GMA News TV.
“After careful reviews at pagkatapos ng mga talakayan, we have unanimously agreed na ipatupad na ang repeal ng mandatory drug test,” dagdag ng opisyal.
Ang tinutukoy ni Torres ay ang bagong Republic Act No. 10586 o ang Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013, kung saan inaalis na ang sapilitan drug test sa mga aplikante ng driver’s license" - June 28, 2013
List of Mall Branches with LTO Driver's License Renewal Centers :