Divisoria is a shopping place suited for bargain-hunters, small and medium businesses involved in buy and sell and those industry producers in search of raw materials and finished products. The area can really be chaotic if you have no idea where to look for the things you need. I've already mentioned in my previous post the Do's and Dont's in Divisoria Shopping; now this detailed guide below will help you find the things you might be looking for to kick off that business you had in mind. You can find the map here or just go to Part 1 of my Divisoria Guide Series.
|Where to find the cheapest In Divisoria|
|read the banner, lol|
1. Food Products
FRUITSASUNCION ST. - here is where you'll find seasonal and tropical fruits like pineapples, papaya, watermelon, avocado, banana, melon, and jackfruit. Inside the Asuncion Market are turnips, sweet potatoes, fresh tamarind, and gabi.
EL CANO ST. - looking for different varieties of mango, head down to this street.
LAKANDULA ST. - over here you can find, saba bananas, coconut, and corn.
CARMEN PLANAS ST. - they sell imported fruits here like apples, oranges, lychees sold in boxes and crates. They also have Davao pomelo and mangosteens.
M. DE SANTOS AVE. - here dealers would set up at night in front of New Divisoria Mall (NDM) to sell these fruits.
The best time to buy vegetables is at night from 6:00pm until 5:00am the next day.
These vegetable dealers are concentrated from STO CRISTO ST., and CARMEN PLANAS ST and extends to BILBAO ST. and PADRE RADA ST.
MEAT AND FISH
EL CANO MARKET - this is the designated retail market for pork and fish.
NEW DIVISORIA MALL - at the basement of this mall, the wet market section is where you can purchase a pack of fish fillet, a kilo of beef tripe or a kilo of beef pares.
EL CANO ST - here you can find stalls selling fresh and salted eggs
STA ELENA ST side of NDM - on this side you can find dressed and lived chicken
SEASONINGS/FOOD FLAVORINGS/CONDIMENTS/PROCESSED FOOD
EL CANO ST - stores here sell sauces and condiments
NDM (dry section) - here you can find more selection like frozen green peas, corns and carrots, french fries and processed meats.
CANDIES AND KROPECK
NDM basement - you can source candies here
STO CRISTO ST. - they have a wider selection of goods here that also include items like flavoured nata de coco.
OTHER FOOD ITEMS
ASUNCION ST (Binondo Side) / EL CANO ST. - there are fishball factories here where you can buy items for your fishball cart. At EL CANO St., there is a TAHO supplier here called Mang Esting's Taho Factory.
RECTO ST. near Jollibee Sto Cristo St/ CARMEN PLANAS ST. - there are factories selling fresh noodles here.
2. Baking Equipment / SuppliesSTO CRISTO ST. - for all your baking needs, they have here industrial mixers, macaroon trays, standard baking trays, paper cups, flavourings, and colouring mix.
3. Kitchen Equipment / Pots and Pans / PlatesSTO CRISTO ST. / TABORA ST / RECTO ST. -along these streets, you can find kitchen equipment, griller with a fryer, some brands of pots, melaware, and ceramic plates and bowls.
4. Hair and Cellphone AccessoriesNEW DIVISORIA MALL (NDM) - head down to this area to check varieties of cellphone accessories like straps, cellphone cases, pouch bags and get them at a bargain price. You can also find here and along PLANAS ST., a lot of stalls selling hair accessories.
5. Chemicals / Candles and Candle-Making SuppliesCheck out GODY WAX CENTER for all candle related needs. They have a shop at STO CRISTO ST, and another at JUAN LUNA ST.
For industrial dyes and chemicals used in soap making, look for EVERLIGHT STORE along M. DE SANTOS ST.
6. ToysA lot of toy wholesalers and retailers can be found at the basement of NEW DIVISORIA MALL or you can check NEW DIVISORIA SHOPPING CENTER more popularly known as "Bodega" at the corner of TABORA ST and STA ELENA ST.
7. Party FavorsNEW DIVISORIA MALL is still the best place to visit when looking for balloons and party favours, they can be found in the basement.
8. Corporate and Party GiveawaysFor the usual corporate giveaways like mugs, umbrellas, calendars, digi clocks etc., find them at several stalls at NEW DIVISORIA MALL (NDM), 168 MALL and JUAN LUNA ST.
For Party and Wedding giveaways, there are wide selections at TABORA ST. For DIY souvenirs, check out the basement of NDM for native products, figurines, etc.
9. Textile and Sewing NeedsYou can find these items along TABORA ST., YLAYA ST., and CARMEN PLANAS ST. Famous Philippine Designers flock to these places when sourcing for their new creations. You can also find here, laces, sequins, needles, threads, etc.
10. Canvas / Foams / StuffingsYou can check items like canvas, tarpaulins, foams and styrofoam stuffings at JUAN LUNA ST.
11. Office and School SuppliesFor bulk purchase head down to STO CRISTO ST. to look for school and office supplies. You can also find these items at some stores at JUAN LUNA ST.
12. Clothes /Socks / Underwear / HandkerchiefsVisit 168 Mall, NDM, and JUAN LUNA ST. to look for these kinds of items. For school uniforms, go to TABORA ST.
13. SundriesM. DE SANTOS ST - find here different containers and jars.
STO CRISTO ST. and CM RECTO ST - find here styrofoam food packs, plastic cups, spoon and fork and drinking straws.
TABORA ST / JUAN LUNA ST. - you can find here, boxes, gift wrappers, and other packing materials
14. Commercial PrintingJUAN LUNA ST., - here, you can find several stores doing commercial printing. Printing cost varies for each shop, it's always wise to check the prices before finalizing the deal.
15. Gowns and CostumesPrime Block Mall - On the second and third floor of Prime Block Mall are shops carrying ready to wear gowns and costumes. They also accommodate made to order gowns
168 Mall - 4th level of the Soler Wing of 168 Mall carry shops dedicated to bridal gowns, ready to wear and made to order.
Final TipTo get more discounts and some perks, always buy in bulk and established a good relationship with some merchants by being a loyal customer usually called "suki" and to become an expert bargain hunter follow this Divisoria Guide Series I've provided.
1. Divisoria Mall Hopping
2. Lucky Chinatown Mall
3. Divisoria Do's and Dont's
4. Weekend Asian Street Food Market at Lucky Chinatown Mall