On Getting There
Traffic around the area can really get crazy most of the time. So planning your trip is the key to a successful visit to this bargain haven called Divisoria or Divi to some.
- It's always a good idea to ride our light rail train system to avoid the traffic, just access the nearest station in your place and alight at Recto station. LRT1, LRT2 and MRT are somewhat interconnected so getting to Recto will be a breeze. From Recto, take a jeep bound to Divisoria.
- Go there mornings on weekdays to avoid throngs of shoppers and commuters that get heavier in the afternoon.
- Avoid visiting on rush hours and its always best to just commute rather than bring your own vehicle.
- Flipflops, T-Shirts, Shorts ... anything that makes you feel comfortable
- Safeguard all your essentials and put them inside a sling bag you can always place in front of you.
- Bring your shopping bags and be eco friendlier
- Don't wear jewelries or you make yourself a prey for the snatchers and pickpockets
- No high heels please, I've seen some people wearing them and I can only smirk in amazement.
What and Where To Buy
- Make a list of things you'll buy and know beforehand where to locate the stores that sell it.
- You know how time flies easily and how huge Divisoria is, so don't waste your time and your energy roaming freely without a fixed direction. Check the map and my street guide below.
- Knock offs abound but avoid fake cosmetics and drugs and food items that might contain harmful ingredients.
|Click to enlarge|
- Locate CM Recto St., M. De Santos St, Fulgeras St, Sto Cristo St and Divisoria Mall2. Raw Materials and Ingredients for your Food Business
- Find them at Asuncion St and Elcano St.3. Cookwares and Bakewares
- Check it out at Sto Cristo St.
4. Clothing Goods, Sundries, Textiles, Accessories
- Head out to Tabora St. and Ilaya St.
- Always ask for the last price and make sure to canvas the price of the items first from other merchants before making the purchase. You'll be surprise how some sellers jack up their prices.
Now, that you are aware of the DO's and DONT's in Divisoria shopping, the next article will tackle in detail where to shop in Divisoria. Find that article here.